Wednesday, May 27, 2020

6A

Opportunity 1 (Economic):

The first opportunity based on economic trends I found was to offer my services as a financial planner to those looking to save money. With the coronavirus having taken its toll on the economy it is clear many people are looking to save money now and for the foreseeable future. I worked an internship last summer as a financial planner and believe I can use what I learned to help people save their money. I found this opportunity online here:

 This article suggests people are going to start saving their money and I believe I can offer my service to help anyone who falls in the net of trying to save money. This is a very difficult opportunity to pursue as the competition is fierce and I have not graduated with a degree that many people would like to see before allowing someone to oversee their finances. I saw this opportunity because it falls close to the field that I am studying.


Opportunity 2 (Economic):

 One can deduce that the stock market is as volatile as ever and I believe now is the right time to invest in many blue chip stocks. This information shows how the stock market is rebounding slightly due to optimism relating to phased reopening. Even if stock prices remain volatile in the near future I believe long term that stocks are at an all time low and will be reaching their target prices by this time next year. The customer in this opportunity is anyone looking to buy stocks. The opportunity is very easy and all you need is the capital to do it. 

Opportunity 3 (Regulatory):

As regulations on social distancing are relaxed I believe an opportunity may arise in the disposal and possibly the recycling process of face masks. Articles like this one:

Suggest all americans should at least own a facemask for protection. I believe an effective process for repurposing or reissuing the facemasks could be profitable. This service would be very valuable to the medical community. The customers of this opportunity are any medical care facility looking to keep and distribute masks in the future. This opportunity is very difficult to take advantage of because you would need a facility capable of recycling a lot of facemasks. 

Opportunity 4 (regulatory):
Once again, as regulations on social distancing are relaxed nationwide, I believe as an entrepreneur I can find a easy opportunity to make money by cutting hair for locals in my area. This article lists the plans for each state’s phased reopening:

I believe even though barbershops in florida have been reopened many are still closed or working at less than full capacity which is where my opportunity comes in. I have been cutting my family’s hair for a few years now and believe I can put what I know to good use for people in my area looking to get a cheap and quick haircut in the luxury of their own home. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I liked reading about the different economic and regulatory opportunities that you proposed. I can relate to the hair cut idea, as I had to wait an entire week to get in for a cut. I can also see the need for people to embrace financial planning. When the tide goes out, those who are swimming naked are exposed, and not that pain might spark some type of positive action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I found your idea and the article about the opportunity of recycling face masks intriguing. With the millions of masks in circulation I feel that now would be the time to set up an industry that focuses on recycling these masks. Most big store are handing out their own masks, and if they were to set up a recycling bin at the exit, this may help speed up the process of recycling them.

    ReplyDelete