People in my community are still unable to get haircuts. Due to the mass amount of people looking to get a haircut, in addition to the social distancing guidelines that limit the amount of people allowed inside a barbershop at once, many people have yet to even book an appointment.
Who: People in my area, kids, adults, male, female, insert gender here, etc.
What: Unable to get haircuts due to long lines, unavailable times, overcrowding
Why: Everyone's hair grows and everyone has a busy schedule.
Who do you think would need a haircut in our area?
Interview one (Luke Macdonald) : I think the majority of people in our area would pay for someone to come to their home and give them a hair cut
Interview 2 (Joseph Colarusso) : Everyone needs a haircut right now.
Interview 3 (Josh Negron) : As far as I can see a lot of people in the area need haircuts. it's really a problem
Interview 4 (Thomas Macdonald) : Because of all the social distancing stuff I think a lot of people are not getting haircuts at all.
Interview 5 (Josh Bobet) : I really need a haircut
Why have people not been able to get haircuts recently?
Interview 1: Most likely anybody with a decently filled up schedule is not going to be able to get a haircut because of the waiting time.
Interview 2: Getting a haircut would have to be priority number 1 right now because there is really only a few places to do it around here and the wait times are crazy.
Interview 3: Their just isn'[t enough places to get it done and it is very inconvenient
Interview 4: Time
Interview 5: I would say probably due to social distancing limiting the amount of people inside a place at once.
Summary: I found through my interviews that people are not able to get haircuts mainly due to the lack of people able to give them. Barbershops are working under limited capacity causing wait times to skyrocket and keeping a lot of people away.
Through these interviews I figured out a lot about who would want a haircut around my area as well as a few logistical concerns to think about such as how I would deal with the mass amount of people requesting my service.
I think that if you are a skilled barber or hair cutter, or have the ability to access and organize them, this could be a lucrative venture not only today, but for the years to come. As the hub of the wheel, you could market, organize, and book appointments for a fraction of the action, while the actual hair cutters could keep most of the proceeds. Then you can scale and will be paid out even though you aren't doing the dirty work. I like it.
ReplyDeleteHey,
ReplyDeleteI believe that this is a great idea. Due to the lack of professional barbers operating right now, most people have taken it into their own hands to cut their hair...and let's just say their "haircuts" are not the best. This being said if you have the financial know-how and organizational structure set I believe this idea could really take hold! Great post!