Thursday, July 16, 2020

20A

1.
The domain expert I added to my social capital is a barber in my area named Rafi. I think Rafi is a domain expert in the field of cutting hair because I have heard many positive reviews about him as well as examined the app he uses on mobile phones to allow customers to book appointments. I contacted Rafi through the app which has a direct message feature. For the favor, I asked him what he did to create his app and he helped me to find exactly what I was looking for. Having Rafi in my network will provide me insight into actually working day in and day out as a barber and the mechanics of dealing with an app that sets your schedule.

2.
The market expert I added to my social network is a hostess at a nearby restaurant and market called Canvas. Her name is Alexis and because the crowd that eats at Canvas is similar as a segment to the one I am targeting I figured she could provide valuable insight into the minds of my market segment. I contacted her by going into Canvas. I asked them to keep an eye out and inform me of recent purchases in the market area by kids to try and help me unnderstand their buying habits a bit better.

3.
On Amazon I found a few sellers of hair products and supplies that I can buy in bulk and have delivered to me wiith free one day shipping. Although these suppliers are not actual people
(or they are on the other side of the computer I suppose), Creating a relationship with these suppliers over email and large purchase orders could be very beneficial. i asked them for any discounts that may apply with large orders as a favor and have not heard back.

Reflection

This assignemnt has helped me to realize there is a strategy to filling out your social network and how you can use it to your advantage. 

2 comments:

  1. Jacob,
    Great job on figuring out who to connect and network with. I think the people/business you chose would be beneficial for your business. I liked that you started to think how your business would operate via the app, so that connection there is very insightful for you. I also think that discount for bulk purchase on amazon was a very smart idea. Overall good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacob,
    Great job finding the right people to contact. I liked hearing that you used amazon as a resource, since they're such a great place to find what you need to start your business.

    ReplyDelete