Friday, June 19, 2020

14A

Over the first half of this semester I have learned a lot about what it means to be an entrepreneur. Professor Pryor has helped me to develop many skills in this short time that I hope to continue working on for the remainder of the semester and into the future to help push my career goals to greater heights. Opportunity identification and creativeness are two of the key traits I have been able to develop in this course and I think they will prove to be very useful in life. During the elevator pitch assignment, however, I felt like giving up because understanding how to post a video on YouTube was a battle in its own regard. I was able to pull through though because of how badly I wanted to keep my grade high and eventually I was able to post my video despite the websites complicated features. My three tips that I would give to next semester's students are to do your work early, watch the videos so you can ace the cupcakes at the end of each week, and work on developing the traits that are important to yourself and the ones that you think you can utilize the best moving forward.

10 Myths About Entrepreneurs That You Should Know Before You Start ...

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jacob!
    Really great work here, loved the infographic. I also agree about pulling through for the grade. I think that we can all relate to that feeling. Great work and I hope that you had a good break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacob,

    I enjoyed reading your post and especially liked the advice to watch the videos. I have routinely skipped the videos because they are quite lengthy, and as a result have routinely scored poorly on the quizzes. I have accepted the fact that my grade will suffer due to skipping the videos, but for those paying close attention to their grades, the advice to watch the videos is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacob!
    I can relate to you in the aspect that I too have developed the trait of opportunity identification. Prior to this course I really wouldn’t have ever noticed where opportunities existed, and now I can them all over in everyday life. I agree with all your tips you provided, and think they’d offer great help to future students. Definitely do the work early, and don’t procrastinate! Also not waiting until the last minute to try to watch all of the videos for the cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jacob,
    I enjoyed reading your post, as I feel like I have gained the same skills throughout the course so far. I also agree with starting the work early, though sometimes I tend to procrastinate. Great post and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete