Friday, June 19, 2020
15A
My three interviews began relatively the same. I asked how the customers in my target segment were picking a set of alternatives and what the thought process was behind eventually making their decision. From this, I gathered that my target segment picks a set of hair dressers based on proximity to home and then decides based on reviews from friends and family or their own experience. Due the nature of the service, customers always have to go into the store to get their hair cut which highlights one of the key elements that makes my service so unique and what ultimately creates most of the value for the customer. The nature of my service is also relatively cheap and the transactions are done with cash most of the time. And the purchase decision is a relatively quick one to come too. Customers are able to tell immediately, however, if the purchase was good or not based on whether or not they like their hair when I am finished. From my interviews I was able to identify a few of the key elements involved in my transactions, like how they are mainly cash transactions and customers are able to tell the quality of the hair cut immediately. From this I am able to alter my ideas a bit to fit better in this ever complex market of cutting hair in a cheap and convenient way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Jacob,
ReplyDeleteIt has been pretty difficult to get a haircut recently. In order to get a haircut back about a month ago, I told the place that I live right up the road, so if somebody no-shows or cancels, they can call me and I can be there in 5 minutes time. It worked, because that same day I got a call saying that somebody no-showed, and got my haircut that same day. Would have been nice if I didn't have to wear a mask by requirement.
Hey Jacob!
ReplyDeleteI really like this idea. A friend of mine actually did something similar although less organized. But this idea is like you said convenient and easy to alter. The flexibility of it definitely makes things easier.