What: Based on the interviews I conducted for this assignment it became clear that many people do not see the need to get a hair cut as important as the need to social distance during the Covid-19 pandemic. So this need does not differ based on whether people think they need a hair cut or need something else. Rather, my opportunity differs on whether or not people value getting a haircut during the times we are experiencing right now as a society.
Why: People inside this boundary have made the decision that getting a haircut is more important than social distancing and the underlying reason for why people need haircuts doesn't differ. People outside the boundary don;t value getting their hair cut.
Inside the boundary Outside the boundary
Hi Jacob! I think you need to focus more on the long term becaue COVID isn't going to last forever (hopefully). When you're looking at the customers you need to look past who doesn't want to go out to get their hair cut because of social distancing or have someone come to their home because of social distancing. I think you need to look more at the people who may not be able to afford it. Are you going to be charging extra for travelling fees? Or perhaps people who live at home with their parents and their parents don't want a hair stylist coming over. How would you come to those people?
ReplyDeleteHi Jacob! After reading your post I think you did a great job outlining your target market in the bottom. It is important to see if the pros outweigh the cons of starting this business. Maybe you could include a guarantee that you will wear a mask at all times and sanitize all your products after each haircut so people would be more comfortable. I think most people value their haircut at this point in the pandemic and that there are enough people inside the boundary to proceed.
ReplyDeleteJacob,
ReplyDeleteI agree people like convenience. I think past the immediate urgency, people tend to build relationships with their barber, so whether you'd also have a brick and mortar location in the future, building relationships with your clients will have them coming back to you in the future, whether you continue mobile cuts, or transition back to in-person cuts.