Friday, July 24, 2020

23A



Resource list:





I have a lot to give in terms of time since school went online for the coming semester

VRIN: The amount of time put into a business can easily be linked to increased success. And I believe this is a valuable resource in my business plan since school went online because I will have a much more flexible schedule than I have had in the past. This is also a rare and imitable element as well because many other entrepreneurs may have their time divided into multiple ventures whereas I will be able to focus on my idea


I know many barbers in my area (human capital)




VRIN: This is valuable and rare because barbers in my area can give me potential insight into the hardcomings of working as a barber during this pandemic as well as other roadblocks. Knowing barbers is inimitable because the relationships one has with other people are always helpful to a business and is non substitutable.





I know many of the target customers

VRIN: Knowing many people who have this need is valuable and rare because I can offer them my service more personally. This is also imitimatble because it is a social capital only i possess as well as non substitutable.







I fall into the target market segment my business wants to sell to

VRIN: Falling into the target segment is very valuable and rare because I understand the needs of this segment on a more intimate level because also experience them. This part of my human capital is also inimitable and non substitutable.


I have the financial resources to jump into a business venture thanks to my family

VRIN: My family will support me financially in the business opportunity I choose which checks all the boxes for VRIN analysis





I am very skilled at cutting mens hair with a razor

VRIN: The human capital that is clearly most important is my ability to actually cut hair. This skill is valuable and rare as it allows me to separate myself from the competition. It is inimitable and non substituable because I am the only person who can cut hair in the style I choose.


Very skilled at using scissors to give a haircut as well

VRIN: This is another skills that is very useful to barbers even though i am better with a razor. This skill is rare and valuable in that it sets me apart. It is imitable and non substitutable as well





I know the market well because I have lived in one area my entire life

VRIN:This is a very valuable and rare resource my business can take advantage of because knowing the area one works in can give a lot of insight into nuances the business may lack otherwise. This resource is also imitable to many and non substitutable for my area.





I have worked with accounting firms in the past which has given me experience to traverse uncertain financial situations.

VRIN: My past working experiences are part of my social capital I can utilize to increase the profitability of my business venture.





I have the social resources to find people to help build an app.

VRIN: I have many friends that are technologically capable of creating and maintaining a website. This would help my business in many ways and falls under every category of the VRIN analysis.






I believe the top resource I possess is my ability to cut hair. I think a quality haircut is what will ultimately set me apart from the rest of the competition and will drive my business to profitability.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jacob!
    Great work here. You were able to figure out your top resource and figure out how it sets you apart from the competition. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacob!
    I agree that time is always a very valuable asset. Time is hard to find in most cases. Your mention of human capital is also a key asset for your type of business. Another asset to your business is definitely financial resources. As I stated in my own blog post, you have to have money to make money, so having that resource is very important. Your barber skills are very important, but the others you mentioned that I highlighted are also very important keys to success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jacob,
    Building an app is no easy feat, and being that you have the capital in order to build one is impressive in itself. Great post, I always enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jacob,
    I really like the idea of your app and think that it can be produced without having to spend a great amount of resources. Additionally, time is the most valuable resource we have, but good and done is better than perfect and procrastinated.

    Really enjoyed your post and look forward to more in the future!

    ReplyDelete