Thursday, July 30, 2020

26A

     Throughout this semester I have had a lot of opportunities in this class to go out and try things I have not yet done before. And with these new opportunities has come a mountain of new successes. But I would be lying to say that everything I tried this semester has led to success and in fact I have had and learned a lot from my failures as well. I think the most powerful failure I have had over this semester is was with the elevator pitch assignments. I usually do not like to present so this was the first initial challenge I had to face. After I wrote what i was going to say to the camera I rehearsed it a few times until I felt I had a good rhythm and then I started recording. Unsurprisingly, my first few attempts at this assignment were not good enough to turn in so I kept trying until the product was ready to be turned in. The next roadblock I faced with this assignment was creating a you tube channel. Although this may seem like an easy task it actually caused me a bit of trouble and time. After it was all said and done though I learned new ways of overcoming challenges from this assignment.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jacob! I too struggle with presentations and definitely struggled with the elevator pitch assignments. I also had to retake the video many, many times, more than I would like to admit. So we share that failure as well. However, I think you did great on your elevator pitches. I’m glad you were able to overcome the challenges you faced and were able to grow from them and learn how to do new things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jacob!
    I also struggle with presentations so the elevator pitches were difficult. But I also appreciate the fact that they made me grow. By doing them I learned a lot and had to grow as a person. That being said, I also agree that making a youtube channel was an added stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacob,

    I think that you did a great job with your elevator pitches and I enjoyed seeing you explain your ideas live. It is kind of awkward to sit in front of a camera alone and talk at it, and so I also felt that sense of weirdness when I recorded myself and my elevator pitch. You did a nice job and it seems that the most recent ones were even better than the first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jacob,
    I also felt that I failed on the elevator pitches. Every time I submitted one, however, I received a ton of feedback that ultimately pointed me in the right direction. Great post and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete