Thursday, July 16, 2020

21A

I think this assignment was very cool and interesting. I was able to read a book about business that is sure to help me succeed in my own business ventures in the near future. I hope to take the experiences from this book and apply it to whatever I do moving forward in business. the general theme of the book is entrepreneurship. An entrepreneur has a hard working spirit and always is looking for ways to keep revenues flowing and to minimize expenses as often as possible. This book helped to connect and enhance many of the values we have learned in this class. An entrepreneur should not spend a considerable amount of time and research in research and development but rather should focus on how to make revenue as quickly as possible and how to keep the business alive for another day. I would design an exercise where students sit and think of many different opportunities that exist in the world and whether or not that is room to exploit them for profit. The book surprised me a lot with how successful the end business became. I had no idea a business can be grown from the ground up like that.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jacob,
    I’m not sure what book you read, but it would have been more insightful to know what book you were reviewing. However, I am glad to hear that you were able to connect what you’re learning in this class with the book. Your exercise you came up with was really interesting at s well and I think it would be beneficial for business students to participate in this type of exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jacob,
    Great post as usual! I would have loved to know which book you are reviewing, though. This being said the concept of generating revenue quickly in order to keep the business alive another day is extremely exciting to me. Great post and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete