Friday, June 12, 2020
12A
Because I have decided to open a hair cut service and I am best at cutting men's hair, I decided to pick teenage and adult men as my target segment. Unfortunately, my idea can not be simply locked into a more specific segment because the service is so simply. Fortunately my idea is essential enough that I can still derive a lot of profit, despite the generic nature of the service. I interviewed three of my friends with worst haircuts to figure out when it is the need for a haircut becomes most prevalent in their lives in order to figure out if their needs are similar and if I am able to adjust my business plan to better fit the universal unmet need among my target segment. From my interviews, I was able to determine that the majority of people with unseemly hair cuts face many of the same problems: a less professional look than desired, roasted by their friends often, increased time it takes to style their hair into a look that they do not even like. Usually my client base is very aware of their need as it is hard to forget what one's hair looks like. However, when the need becomes overwhelming the haircuts received usually only bring the length back to an adequate, but not acceptable length. Additionally, clients go back to the same hair dresser often and ask for the same thing. Not reallly putting much research into improving the situation. From my interviews, I can conclude that my clients are looking for an easy way to get their hair cut. My service where I come to them can address this want as well as fix the need of a bad hair style as I am so incredibly talented at what I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great work Jacob!
ReplyDeleteI think that this is a great idea and would be very profitable, especially around a college campus. Many college students need easy and accessible ways to get their haircut.