Friday, June 19, 2020

16A

One the many things that sets me apart from a lot of people in the world is that I am a student at the University of Florida and am about to graduate with my undergrad in accounting and possibly my masters in accounting in a few years to come. When I think about my human capital this is one of things that comes to mind first because it is an experience that has changed my life for the better and has given me a lot to bring to the table, business wise. I take care of a lot of plants as well. And although this might not sound like all that but taking care of all the plants in my house has taught me how to wait watch things grow. The process of becoming is very unique for all things and it is an important one to go threw to become better and watching my plants grow has taught me that valuable lesson. I also work a lot with animals and have even had the opportunity to raise and train service dogs for the needy. This experience taught me the importance of charity and working with others. And the last two things that set me apart from the rest are my attention to detail and cleanliness. I am a super organized and a neat person. I think that comes out a lot in my work as well. It helps to to keep things very planned out and to stay on schedule.

Interviews: (altered to keep things brief)

https://soundcloud.com/user-954326705/interview-1-shortened-answer

I learned from the first interview that i have a lot of perspectives of my own that are not the same as what other pople think. I would have never considered myself a quick learner.

https://soundcloud.com/user-954326705/interview-2-16a

From this interview I learned that my cleanliness has rubbed off on the people around me. I think this is a good thing though.
https://soundcloud.com/user-954326705/interview316a

In this interview I was able to confirm the fact that I am a hard worker. I have always prided myse;f in my work and it is nice to see other people taking notice.
https://soundcloud.com/user-954326705/interview-4-16a

I learned in this interview what a lot of the same things as in my first interview. I would not have considered myself a problem solver.

https://soundcloud.com/user-954326705/recording-30

I liked being called nice. I always considered myself more friendly though.

although my interview files were shortened up the morning before the assignment was due, I was able to post more streamlined version and summarize the results to save time. I think a lot of these differences are mainly from people perceiving my work as fitting into their life rather than my work as their whole life. this is not necessarily a bad thing but it creates different thoughts about whats going on and what someone is thinking. From my initial list I would not change a thing.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Michael,

    I enjoyed this post of yours, and think that your business knowledge and the your ability to quickly pick something up will take you a long way. I wish you the best of luck if you decide to pursue your masters degree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jacob!
    I think that your business knowledge will definitely come in handy in this venture. I think that what you learned in your interviews is all valuable information that you can use to better the brand. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jacob,
    Your ability to demonstrate patience both with your plants and when raising service dogs is extremely unique. The ability to be patient and make calm, focused decisions under pressure is a great asset. Great work!

    ReplyDelete